Friday, August 21, 2015

Half Way There

Well, today is a happy day. According to my original "lofty" weight loss
goal, I am at the half way point. I have officially lost 21 lbs. Now, to say
I need to lose another 21 is "lofty" because technically, that would put me
at a number that is the bottom of the range for my height. However, my
pre-Emily weight is just about 12 lbs away. So, that is the first goal
that I am shooting for. The last few pounds always take longer, but 
so far, my husband and I haven't had any trouble sticking to
our diet changes and haven't been tempted to eat things 
not normally allowed. Transitioning to
being gluten free, sugar free, and low carb has really 
not been as tough as I expected it to. The hardest times
are when we have church dinners but when we have them, I just always
make sure that I cook things we can eat. I am excited about our losses
so far and I am excited about reaching our goals. 

We haven't started school yet...which is totally unusual for us. We usually
start about the second week of August or the third week at the latest.
I didn't get everything ready in time so we are going to start the 31st.
I dread this year so much. Emily is going to be a junior and this will
probably be her toughest year yet. She has Geometry, English III, Chemistry,
Civics/Economics, and Life Management/Health. We are doing all
Abeka this year- and using the DVD's. I just cannot imagine trying
to get through these challenging subjects otherwise. We used
the Abeka DVD for Algebra 2 last year and it was much easier
than freshman year doing Saxon Algebra 1. Thankfully, she
is a really good student, works very well independently, and learns
very well visually. Also, she has a wonderful
memory...she memorizes exceptionally well, 
and remembers much of what she reads.
So, hopefully, this year will go fine. 
Pray for us... ;)


We are having a revival at church this week. Bro. Billy Mitchell is
preaching for us beginning Sunday morning through Wednesday night.
He is a great preacher. I hope and pray we have a really good meeting.



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the loss! You are doing great. Bro Mitchell was just at our church also. Such a good preacher.

Peggy said...

Yay on the wt loss! I can really tell in both of you. And God bless homeschoolers!! I do pray for all of you daily!

Tammy said...

Congrats! Bob and I are starting this week on watching our food intake. He has re-gained his 20 and I can't seem to drop anymore. I know eating out has to stop.