Friday, July 24, 2015

Delicious Lo Carb Pizza

Our family has had a tradition of having pizza on Friday night and Sunday night after church. Nothing fancy...Emily's favorite is Totino's so that's what we've always done. Well, once my husband and I decided to go low carb, we needed a "special" treat for our pizza night. I have a recipe for low carb crust made with cream cheese but to us, it wasn't a great alternative. We found these low carb tortillas that are wonderful. They have become our "go-to" food. We can go to McDonald's or Firehouse (or anywhere you get your favorite fast food sandwiches) and just remove the bun and use the tortilla instead. It works really well and tastes great. And we have found that they work super well as a pizza crust. One tortilla has only 6 net carbs and 26 grams of fiber so they are really, REALLY filling. Plus, they crisp up nicely when baked...you can even pick it up and eat it just like a pizza. Awesome.

I get our tortilla's at Walmart. They have a white variety
but the whole wheat has a few less carbs and is slightly bigger. 
And they are really yummy!


Most times...unless I am EXTRA-SUPER hungry, I just
make a half for myself. Because of all the fiber, they are really filling.
I like mine with all the goodies but hubby likes his with just sausage. 

Here is one with pepperoni, peppers, and onions. 

We have found these to be totally satisfying. We haven't missed
regular pizza at all. And it's nice that we can still keep our 
Friday night and Sunday night family tradition. lol


And here is a pic of a good low carb dessert. It's a sugar-free cheesecake.
If I make it for church, I will make a sugar-free pecan crust but
for home, we just eat it without crust. And with just the tiniest bit
of Smuckers sugar-free caramel, it is simply delicious with just
a few carbs. Totally tasty!!

That's it. Just thought I'd share a couple of the things that
we've been eating since starting our diet. Low carb  eating
is really not as hard as it used to be. There are so many
good options out there to make it doable. 

***And I've lost one more pound to bring my total to 19!***

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I'll have to try that! Thanks!