Thursday, July 2, 2015

Busy Summer Days and Bargain Hunting

Summer has been wayyyyy busy so far. It's been so busy that we've barely even been in the pool...like maybe once or twice. We've really not been home much at all. I guess it's a good thing that we decided to take it easy with gardening this year. We didn't plant much and that has worked out good because what little we did has been sadly neglected. But, it's good to be busy, going about doing the Lord's work. We love it and wouldn't want it any other way.

My husband and I LOVE to thrift store shop and go to yard sales. We have ALWAYS love it, mostly out of necessity because we've pretty much always lived on a tight budget. And over the years, we have found some really great bargains. But, earlier in the week, we found the BEST one yet! (at least I think so) I have cleaned houses for many years. (it was the one thing that I could do that would help add to our income without tying us down too much to hinder ministry stuff) But, I digress... Anyway, I have worked for several people in times past who owned Rainbow vacuum cleaners. And I REALLY LOVED them! I have used all kinds of vacuums and as far as I am concerned, this is NOTHING that beats a Rainbow for bare floors. (I don't like them quite as much for carpet) but anyway, I have always wanted one but could never afford one for myself. GUESS WHAT? We found one!!...at a thrift store...for the best bargain price that I have ever seen. I am so excited! I have been REALLY enjoying vacuuming my house today!  Want to see it?


It has the carpet part too, I may not use it as much but I have bare
floors through out my house. I have one area rug in the dining room
but my upright vacuum does a super job on it. Anyway, I am so excited!
I never thought I'd ever actually own one of these. :)

As I said, we've been super busy the last few weeks. Why does it always
seem like summer vacation just flies by? Anyway, we had tickets to see 
Mary Poppins at the Cumberland County Playhouse last week, and my 
husband was unable to go. So, we took a lady from church and her little
girl. It was so cute. (will post pics later...time is not right just yet)  ;)


Emily is preparing to go to Pensacola Christian College in
a few days to attend Drama Camp. She is beyond excited! She
hopes to attend college there in a few years so this will be a 
great experience for her. 

And here's a couple cute kittie pics. The first is Em's baby. She just
loves Emily. Anytime Emily is sitting down, she jumps up and sits in her lap. 
Here she had her paws wrapped around her arm. So cute.
And in the second pic, I was sitting on my porch swing taking a
little break reading and another of our kitties jumped up and sat with me. 



***Diet Update***
Still doing great on our diet plan. Haven't "fallen off the wagon" yet. 
Weight loss is getting slower...as is the norm. I have now lost 16 lbs total.


That's all for now! 

Happy Fourth!



1 comment:

Tammy said...

Excited for your thrift store find and for your weight loss. I'm still working on becoming soda free but I'm much closer. Down to only a couple a week! We used to have a rainbow at the church. They are great for doing under pressure cuz they can lay flat. It broke and now we have a Kirby that lays flat.