Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Brand New Year With No Mistakes In It

Every day is a new day with no mistakes in it.

That is a quote (not word for word but the meaning is there) from
one of my favorite movies "Anne of Green Gables".
I was perusing Facebook this morning while waiting for my
coffee to be ready, and someone had posted something along those
lines but talking about a new year. And I thought it was a great thought. 
Every new year, people from all over, make new years's resolutions.
And there's nothing wrong with that. We all want (or should) to make improvements.
After all, no one is perfect, there is always room in our lives to do
better. Whether it's for better health physically(like exercising more and eating better),
or spiritually (like spending more time with God in our devotions and prayer time)
I always have these in mind at the new year. I always start out with such good
intentions. But, as the year goes on, and life gets back into the normal busy
day to day rountine, my lofty goals somehow get less important. 

But, I love the idea of a brand new year, with no mistakes in it.
And breaking it down even more...a brand new day with no mistakes in it.
Rather than look at whole year, all I really need to do is take it one day at a time. 
That is really all that we know we have anyway. So, with every new day, we
can make a new resolve. Did I do all I wanted to do for my Lord yesterday?
I have a brand new day today...to do my BEST for Him. 
So, this morning as I am pondering a brand new year...I pray
that I can once again make some improvements.
I do need to get back to eating healthier (on a regular basis), get 
back to walking daily (if my heel spur will cooperate), and most
of all, I want to use this new year to get ever closer to God.
I want to help my heart to become softer toward Him. I want
Him to be able to use me to be a blessing to those around me and
to help those around me see HIM in me. 

With all these thoughts in mind, here are a few stanzas of one of my favorite hymns.
(I don't believe these are all the verses, just the ones on our church hymn book)

Take My Life, and Let it Be

by Frances R. Havergal

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee
Take my hands, and let them move 
At the impulse of Thy love
At the impulse of Thy love

Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King
Always, only, for my King

Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with praises, Lord, to thee
Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold
Not a mite would I withhold

Take my love, my Lord I pour 
At Thy feet its treasure store
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee
Ever, only, all for Thee


A brand new year, with no mistakes in it. A new year to live every day
for God's glory and give Him my whole heart. 
I am looking forward to it. I don't want to waste one minute of it. 


Happy New Year!




1 comment:

Peggy said...

Great post...I love it!