Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Taking Mom to Florida

Well...finally I am getting to post some pictures of our "once-in-a-lifetime" 
vacation. My sisters and I decided to take our mom to Florida. We have
a great aunt who moved away more than fifteen years ago and we
wanted to take Momma to visit her. The plan was to take
her to visit Aunt Nellie, then drive on over to Panama City Beach
for a little ocean time. Mom hasn't been to the ocean in many, many years.
So, the trip began...

We ran across this cute little church in Florida and we just
had to stop for pics.
(and let me tell you...I am not sure it was worth it! I got
covered in chiggers which drove me nuts the rest of the week) lol



 We had originally planned to allow two days for the trip down
but we were actually able to make it in one day. ONE VERY LONG DAY--but
we were still happy.


We decided to visit a park in Ocala, FL that we had visited when were kids.
It is called Silver Springs. They have these cool glass bottom boats
and you get to see all kinds of neat stuff.
(we enjoyed it but it was kind of sad because it is now
owned by the state and it was very dead the day we were there)
I think the state has plans for it to be a state park and
a place for wildlife.
 Here is a picture of Momma and Emily


 And look at my pretty girl!

 This was some sort of weird tree.

 Me and my girl!

The next day we spent the day with Aunt Nellie.

And I know it's hard to believe but Aunt Nellie is like 90 years old!
So hard to believe, she looks great for her age! She's a fiesty gal!

Robin and Aunt Nellie
 Emily and I with Aunt Nellie and Momma

 Robin's family with Aunt Nellie and Momma

 Holly with Aunt Nellie and Mom

 Meg and Max-a little cramped but happy

Then, we headed down to PCB.
Below is a pic of our condo.


 Emily enjoying the ocean.

 The pier that was within walking distance of our condo.

 Our Family
Panama City Beach
Summer 2013

 Emily and I


 Momma and her girls!

 My beautiful fourteen year old, Emily

 Love this girl!

And of course, as always happens when you go away, when you
get home you gotta get to work to catch up.\
I had beans to can and corn to harvest.
There is no way these pics can properly
describe how swamped I was! 


I put up over two hundred ears of corn!

And here is a pic that we took of all of us with Aunt Nellie
(sorry it's not in the right order--but this one I stole from 
one of my sisters since the others were all taken on my
phone)

***I am adding a few pics that I remembered taking on my video
camera. They're not in correct order.

 Emily and I at Silver Springs

Aren't we so cute all matchy matchy? lol

 Robin, Meg, and Max at Silver Springs

 Emily and Momma

 Emmie Lou loving the ocean

 Isn't this a sweet pic of Holly and Mom?


Momma and her younger grandchildren. (she has two older
grandsons who weren't with us on the trip)


It was a special time. I am glad that we could take Mom
on a special trip~especially that she got to visit Aunt Nellie.
We'd love it if she could move back to TN but at this stage
in life, not sure if it's feasible.

Anyway, just thought I'd share! 

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Okay, I am not sure what happened with a couple of my pics. Ooopsie.

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great trip. Emily is so pretty!

Peggy said...

These are great!

Tammy said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Kristi said...

Really wonderful pictures!!! Loved reading about this and your Great Aunt really does not look 90 years old! God has truly blessed her.
Don't you hope you get those genes? haha
The beach pictures were lovely. Wasn't that fun?
~Kristi