Tuesday, January 15, 2013

O For a Thousand Tongues

This month, our church has been memorizing this hymn
written by Charles Wesley. We hope to have it memorized by
the end of the month. I love the words. Our Lord is so good
to us, He deserves our praise. There's nothing like the good
ol' hymns to get our minds and hearts focused on our Savior.



O for a thousand tongues to sing
My Great Redeemer’s praise
The glories of my God and King
The triumphs of His grace!

My gracious Master and my God
Assist me to proclaim
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honours of thy name

Jesus, the name that charms our fears
That bids our sorrows cease
’Tis music to the sinner’s ears
’Tis life and health and peace


Hear Him, ye deaf; His praise, ye dumb
Your loosened tongues employ
Ye blind, behold your Savior come; 
And leap, ye lame for joy.  

He breaks the power of cancelled sin
He sets the prisoner free
His blood can make the foulest clean
His blood availed for me



1 comment:

Tori said...

I love this hymn. There's something about those old hymns, nothing like 'em.