Thursday, November 8, 2012

Anchor to the Power of the Cross

Anchor to the Power of the Cross
 
Aimlessly floating, spiritually withdrawn
Life's winds and waves and rising tides, have left you forlorn
You say your ship can't stand another storm, and the final wave seems near
Just anchor deep to the solid rock, let the captain handle your fears
 
Anchor to the power of the cross
Anchor to the power of the cross
Keep your eyes on the Master when drifting and storm tossed
Anchor to the power of the cross
 
We're troubled on every side but not crushed and broken
Perplexed but not desperate, so all is not hopeless
I know God has not forsaken, though cast down, we're not destroyed
For the captain stood the test of time, and He is still Lord
 
To the solid Rock of Ages, I'll hold my ground
When changing winds blow again and toss around
I've set my sails and attached my soul to a source that will never fail
So stand firm, weather the storm, for the cross will prevail.
 
 

I have loved the words of this song for many years. The last couple of
days the words just keep running through my head and heart.

I have to admit...Tuesday election was a disappointment. My emotions
have run the gamut. I feel angry, hurt, disappointed, fearful, sad...and then
it all starts again. When I awoke yesterday, I almost felt numb with the grief
of it all. (not because my candidate wasn't elected...some people just don't get it
if that's what they think "the other half" is angry about) but because we truly
understand that our nation is no longer a CHRISTIAN nation. Our president
himself said that we don't consider ourselves a christian nation. And the voters
who voted FOR him Tuesday proved he's right. However, yesterday when I got up
the only thing that I could do was get in the Word of God and let it bring peace
to my troubled soul. And it did!  Verse after verse, the Lord used it to help me.
I still hate the results of the election,but my hope is not in this world. Mr. Romney
did not have all the answers. He might just have been a brief reprieve for a world gone crazy.
And we understand, our world is not going to get better. We know the Lord
is soon coming, and we are seeing prophecies coming to pass before our very eyes.

I have heard some say...well it's just the Lord's will for him to be president at this
time. That MAY be true...it's not for me to say, I guess. But, I DO know this.
It was NEVER God's plan for Israel to have an earthly king. HE was to be
their king! But, they would never quit whining until He gave them the thing
that they thought they wanted. And it was destruction for that nation. Sometimes, I think,
the Lord gives us what we think we want...not what was HIS best for us.

I am so glad, though, that I have the Lord for strength...that I am looking for
Him to soon return...and that someday soon, we'll be in His presence and this
will all be behind us. I am also glad that when we DO face terrible disappointments
in this life, that He is an ever present Help and Strength.

So,  I leave you with this scripture...

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;   2 Corinthians 4: 8 and 9  KJV






1 comment:

Tori said...

Amen Tammy! Heaven sounds sweeter and sweeter every day. Thank the Lord that as the right and wrong on Earth changes God never does.

Happy New Year Tammy!