Monday, October 29, 2012

A Passion for Thee

Set my heart, O dear Father, on Thee, and Thee only
Give me a thirst for Thy presence divine
Lord, keep my focus on loving Thee wholly
Purge me from earth; turn my heart after Thine.
 
A passion for Thee; O Lord, set a fire in my soul, and a thirst for my God.
Hear Thou my prayer, Lord, Thy power impart
Not just to serve, but to love Thee with all of my heart.
 
Father, fill with Thy Spirit, and fit me for service,
Let love for Christ every motive inspire;
Teach me to follow in selfless submission,
Be Thou my joy and soul's one desire.
 
Words and Music by Joe Zichterman
 
Bro. Ryan sang this song last night. What beautiful words and what
a  beautiful message! I am afraid that sometimes we (I) get so lost in the
busyness of serving that we forget the most important thing...
to love Him with all our hearts.
This just kind of puts it all into perspective. There will always
be much to do. But our soul's desire, our PASSION, should be
on loving Him.
 


No comments: