Sunday, April 8, 2012

What a Savior

Once I was straying in sin's dark valley
No hope within could I see
God sent from heaven a loving Savior
To save a poor lost soul like me

Chorus
O what a Savior, O hallelujah
His heart was broken on Calvary
His hands were nail scarred, His side was riven
He gave His lifeblood for even me

He left the Father with all His riches
With calmness sweet and serene
Came down from heaven and gave His lifeblood
To make the vilest sinner clean

Death's chilly waters I'll soon be crossing
His hand will lead me safe o'er
I'll join the chorus in that great city
And sing up there forevermore





Today commemorates the day we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior.
The resurrection is what sets the the distinction between Christianity and all
other religions...we serve a RISEN Savior!

I've always loved this old song. It's not an old hymn, but the words are
beautiful to me. I can remember singing this old song in our little country
church as a child, with my Daddy leading the singing and playing his guitar.
This year, my Daddy made his crossing, BUT because my Savior resurrected,
so will my Daddy. I imagine he's singing in that chorus right now...

Have a wonderful Lord's day day! Celebrate LIFE! Life in Christ!




No comments: