Last week, I started a new diet. ( I know, I know, it's the story of my life!) Anyway, a young
friend of mine and I decided we would start it together, weigh in on Tuesdays, and try to
encourage each other that way. (Since neither of us really have the extra money to join up
with any groups at present) Anyway, I began last week.
Susan, at http://bygrace3.blogspot.com/2012/03/are-you-up-to-challenge.html issued a
Fitness Challenge for the month of April. It sounded like fun, so I thought I'd share it.
My Daily Goals:
1) Eat less than 1200 calories per day
2) Exercise 5 days each week
3) Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily (which I normally do anyway)
4) No sugar and very limited bread
5) Load up on veggies (these are practically free eating)
6) Eat fruit, yes, BUT not go nuts...these have sugar too (and before anyone jumps on me here, I know that fruit is natural sugar, but we are talking calories, not organic, and believe me, I have fought this weight thing my whole life, I KNOW about these things) lol
7) No diet soft drinks (or limited to eating out--as a treat) ( because even with artificial sweeteners, your body still thinks it's getting sugar and will respond accordingly...it's better to leave it off)
My ulimate goal is to reach the middle BMI range for my height....which means
I need to lose about 20 to 30 pounds. So, here we again.
By the way, I lost 5 pounds last week!