Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Fitness Challenge

Last week, I started a new diet. ( I know, I know, it's the story of my life!) Anyway, a young
friend of mine and I decided we would start it together, weigh in on Tuesdays, and try to
encourage each other that way. (Since neither of us really have the extra money to join up
with any groups at present) Anyway, I began last week.

Susan, at http://bygrace3.blogspot.com/2012/03/are-you-up-to-challenge.html  issued a
Fitness Challenge for the month of April. It sounded like fun, so I thought I'd share it.

My Daily Goals:
1) Eat less than 1200 calories per day
2) Exercise 5 days each week
3) Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily (which I normally do anyway)
4) No sugar and very limited bread
5) Load up on veggies (these are practically free eating)
6) Eat fruit, yes, BUT not go nuts...these have sugar too (and before anyone jumps on me here, I know that fruit is natural sugar, but we are talking calories, not organic, and believe me, I have fought this weight thing my whole life, I KNOW about these things) lol
7) No diet soft drinks (or limited to eating out--as a treat) ( because even with artificial sweeteners, your body still thinks it's getting sugar and will respond accordingly...it's better to leave it off)

My ulimate goal is to reach the middle BMI range for my height....which means
I need to lose about 20 to 30 pounds. So, here we again.

By the way, I lost 5 pounds last week!




6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am doing this also, I have lost 10lbs in the last month, most due to not feeling well, but it is a loss just the same. It has encouraged me to keep it up, so I can stay feeling well. Keep up the good work.

Tammy said...

Congrats on the 5 pounds! Less than 1200 calories a day will be tough. Bob has started using a weight loss program that's free and recommended on Dr. Oz (heard about it through a friend) it is called www.sharecare.com. You make an ID and then put in current weight and goal weight and how long you want to take to lose it. It will tell you if it is an unrealistic goal. Then it tells you how many calories to stay in to lose the weight. You log in all your food that you've eaten each day and it gives the calories and adds them for you to see if you have stayed within the limits.
Even foods from restaurants are on the list!

Peggy said...

Congrats! But you really don't need to lose that much:) You look great~

aloneontheprarie said...

You can do it! I've been working since Mid-February, strictly watching calories at first (I've slacked off quite a bit lately) and have successfully lost 7 pounds so far. Sodas and fats (like cheese pizza *grin*) is what I have to watch. I started with Spark People, but have switched to My Fitness Pal, which my son is also using. It helps to have a partner to keep you accountable.

Tammy said...

I neglected to mention in my post that I do use myfitnesspal.com
I love the easy way of keeping up with everything. It's even easier for me than Weight Watcher's method of journaling...which I DID really love...just don't have the funds at present. I highly recommend myfitnesspal. It's very user friendly.

Becky said...

I'm trying but I'm not doing to well with it. You have done SOOOOO much better than I have! :( Congrats on the 5 pounds! You are inspiring. :)