Saturday, March 17, 2012

Homemade French Fries

A treat that my family just LOVES...homemade french fries!
I don't make them often...WAY TOO FATTENING!
I have tried to "healthy" them up by baking them, but
we love them so much fried that we just don't have them
often. But, when we do, we really enjoy them!

 I started with five smallish potatoes, scrubbed well.
Sometimes, if the skins are really thick, I will peel the
potatoes before cutting, but most of the time, we
like them with the skins on.
This cutter was a gift to us one Christmas from
one of our church families. I use it often.
Works very, very well.
You can have uniformly cut potatoes in a couple of
minutes. :)

 Here they are...frying! I've had this old Fry Daddy for years.
It's been a good one! It's moved with us atleast three times.
It just keeps on hangin' in there! (not much to look
at though)
And here they are...in all their greasy, yummy, goodness!
I drain them on paper towels to get rid of some of the
excess grease...but they're still plenty greasy! Not healthy,
but delicious all the same. Sometimes, you just gotta live a little...


3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love homemade french fries! I go through spells where I make them quite often then don't for awhile. We eat them dipped in honey mustard!

Cheryl said...

That fry cutter makes it so easy! Too easy!

Tammy said...

Yes, the cutter does make it easier. I have used it for other veggies too...like squash or zucchini...to get a nice uniform cut like you get at Wasabi. But, it does NOT cut sweet potatoes! :) Learned that one the hard way. Got it stuck and it was a royal MESS! ;)