Saturday, September 18, 2010

House Update

I cannot believe how long it has been since I have posted. But in
the days since my last post, our family has moved from our old house
into our new one. (actually, we are living in the master bedroom and
bath ~ it's kind of like living in a motel ) LOL! Anyway, we did manage
to get moved. We have been working like crazy, trying to get as much
done as we can, but it just takes time. We've also started back with
our homeschooling, started the Tuesday after Labor Day. This is
the latest we have ever started, but since we were right in the middle
of the move, we had no choice really. This, in itself, makes the work
on the house move at a slower pace. But, in a few weeks ( I hope!!!!)
we will be done, and it will all be worth it.

Earlier this summer, while having her teeth cleaned, our family
dentist did some x-rays on Emily's teeth and found that she
had an impacted tooth that simply had no room to come in.
He recommended that she see an orthodontist to see how
to best deal with the situation. After seeing the orthodontist,
he sent her to an oral surgeon who removed four of her
permanent teeth. It would seem that she had too many
teeth for what space she had in her mouth. With that taken
care of, she has now gotten her new braces (atleast part of
them) She only has them on her upper teeth for now~ later
she will get the bottom ones. He said her overbite is too bad
to put them on right away--said she would be biting the bottom
ones off. She hasn't minded them too much, just had very
minor pain so far.

I thought I would post just a few pics to bring you up to date
on where we have been and what we've been doing. Please
be patient...we are working as hard as we can to try and
finish this project, so I don't have as much time as I used
to have to blog. Soon, things will get back to normal.


Emily's pretty smile...with her new braces!
You can't really tell, but they are purple and lime green!
As always, my Emily chooses vibrant, lively colors!
New outside view of our house. The outside
is close to being done. We just have alittle
more painting to do. Of course, our yard is a mess
but we will get that eventually, once the inside is
complete.

This is my absolute favorite thing about
my new house...the front porch. I just
love, love, love it! I love to sit
out on the swing in the morning,
sip my morning coffee, and read my Bible.
It is so peaceful here.
My honey working the sheetrock in our
new living room

Bro. Jay, our deacon, came over to help my
husband with the sheetrock work. We are
so thankful for the time and effort he has put
in. We have never put in new sheetrock
so we were alittle unsure of how to do it,
but Bro. Jay knows how and makes
it look easy.

Emily's new laminate floor is about
3/4 done. We still have to put
the trim down and paint her door
but then her room will be finished.

Emily's new border, cats!
I really didn't want to use a "theme"
because at her age, she likes a different
thing every week. But, she will always
LOVE her CATS! The room was
just sooooo bright, what with
those pinks...it just needed something
to break it up a bit. I think the border
was just perfect.

A teeny peek in the closet in the master
bedroom. It is amazing how much this
room "shrunk" once we got our stuff in
it! It looked so big before! Hmmm... I guess
we still have too much stuff!

The new master bath. Notice my coffee pot on
the vanity. Since I do not have a working
kitchen, I put my coffee pot in the
bathroom~ you know, kind of like
when you're on vacation in a motel.
It's kind of weird, I know, but it works
for me! As long as I have my morning
coffee, the rest of the day will go fine! ;)

Well, that's it for now! Hopefully, there
will be more pictures soon as we make
more progress. Please keep looking,
even if I don't get anything posted for
a week or two!
I will try to do better, though, I promise! :)



5 comments:

Peggy said...

Looking great!!!!!!

Tammy said...

Wow! love the new porch and the idea of sitting on that swing. Made me feel peaceful just picturing it!

Becky said...

WOW!!! Love the picture! I need to come see all these new changes to the house in person sometime :)

Susan said...

Oh, I loved looking at all the pictures of your new house! I especially love that swing on the front porch. Take your time and enjoy your new place!

Sarah Ann said...

I LOVE emily's braces and her room :) And the new house