Monday, June 14, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Being frugal is something that I have always had to be.
Early in our marriage, my husband felt led by the Lord
that he wanted me to be a stay-at-home wife~even
many, many years before we were blessed with Emily.
This being said, I have always tried to find ways to
save money. A couple of years ago, I began researching
via the internet a way to make a more affordable
laundry detergent. I have been making homemade
laundry detergent ever since. ( I do still buy
inexpensive liquids for doing my husbands dress
shirts) Anyway, here is the recipe for my
detergent. You can use this detergent for
LITERALLY pennies per load!
1 cup Borax
1 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda ( NOT baking soda )
1 bar Fels Naptha laundry soap- grated
This batch will last me about 3 weeks!
I find these ingredents at Kroger ( and that is only place )
Your initial expense will be less than ten dollars.
When you do laundry, use 1 tablespoon of detergent
when you start the water. Wait a couple minutes before
adding clothes. It does a great job. I have using
this recipe for a couple of years as well as a couple
of ladies in my church. We are very satisfied with
the results. One lady even makes a batch big
enough that she only has to make it a couple of times
each year!




I apologize for the length of time away from blogging.
We just returned from a mission trip to Colorado
where we helped a church planter distribute literature
announcing the start of a new independent baptist church.
I will soon be sharing pictures from that trip!

Our VBS begins tonight.

And of course, last but not least, work continues
on our "new-to-us" house. Need
to get some new pics of our progress
there as well.
Chat with you again soon!!!



No comments: