Saturday, May 15, 2010

FBC Ladies Meeting

It's been a couple of weeks since I have posted. Our
church hosted it's first-ever ladies meeting a couple
of weeks ago. I would have posted pics sooner but
by some bizarre circumstance-my camera malfunctioned-
and I didn't get any pictures. Thankfully, one of our
ladies brought her camera and I was able to get
a few. I have to say~I was very much expecting a
GREAT meeting, but it GREATLY EXCEEDED
my expectations! What a wonderful day! The
Lord blessed so much. The theme of the meeting
was Reflections. The theme verse was Matthew 5: 16
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may
see your good works, and glorify your Father which is
in heaven". Our goal was to help each one of
our ladies to comprehend how important it is
that we live our lives as a REFLECTION of our
Savior and who He really is. We had a very nice
number in attendance. I am so thankful for
all who attended. It was an honor and a privilege
to have each one.

My opening words
Our first speaker was Sis Melissa Snow
Mrs. Snow has been a blessing to so many
of us. She did a great job.
A group of our ladies did a fantastic job
performing a skit entitled, "Cut it Out!"
written by Miss Maegan Stewart.












One of our ladies groups singing
We also had another of our ladies groups singing
but we failed to get a picture of that one!
Sorry, girls! :(


We also invited a couple of different ladies
groups from the Harriman Baptist Tabernacle
to sing for us.

Our main speaker was Sister Sandra Jones-wife of Dr. James Jones, Jr.
of the Harriman Baptist Tabernacle. Sis Jones was my pastors'
wife for almost nine years. She has taught me so much and in
my mind, is the epitome of what a pastors wife should be.
She did a wonderful speaking to us as well.

The meeting was wonderful. After so much planning, I hated
to see it end, but I am SOOOOO excited for to see what
the Lord has in mind for next year.
That's all for now.
Still got lots of things upcoming. I'll let you know more about
them as they come.
God Bless!


2 comments:

佐志 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammy said...

Glad you had a great meeting! I often get discouraged because people don't show up.