Friday, March 26, 2010

New Update on Daddy

After two days, Daddy is in a regular room and
doing pretty well. He has that drip medicine ( for pain)
that he can do himself every ten minutes so
that has been very nice for him. He has been up
walking several times a day which is what the doctor
said would help the most right now. His bowels are
"asleep" because they made the new bladder out
of a part of the bowels and the "waking" up process
takes several days. He will not be able to have anything
at all or eat or drink until his bowels are awake and
working normally. ( not even ice chips ) This has been
hard to watch him be "thirsty" but he has not complained.
He is in great spirits and working hard to recover as quickly
as possible. As yet, we haven't gotten the path report, but
at this point everything looks good. That's all we know, I wanted
to post since I know there are some folks praying! Thank you
all, I can't express how much it meansto me and family!
God Bless You All!

8 comments:

Peggy said...

So glad your dad is doing so well through such a difficult ordeal! He's a blessing!

Cheryl said...

I just want to let you know that I have been praying for you and your whole family. I know the Lord will be right there with you every step of the way. If you need me for anything please let me know.

Susan said...

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing so well! I can just imagine how thirsty he might get waiting to be able to eat and drink. Praying he continues to do well and has a quick recovery!

Gail Moore said...

I don't know your dad, of course, but I know this must be a very challenging time for him as well as the rest of the family. Praying for you now. Gail

Tammy said...

Good news and I'll keep praying.

Joy said...

Glad he's doing well. We're praying for him!

郭美娟 said...

只用微笑說話的人,才能擔當重任. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tori said...

Glad to hear he's doing well. Praying!!