Monday, November 16, 2009

Update

I haven't posted anything in the last few days.
We had to wait over a week before we could
hear back from the pathologist about Daddy's
surgery. We finally got the report back today.
Unfortunately, the news was not very good. He
has Stage III Bladder cancer. At this point, we
are not sure what all will transpire. We DO know
that he will have his bladder removed. He and
Mom have an appointment next week to meet
with a doctor at Vanderbilt to discuss his situation.
Of course, this was not what we wanted to hear.
It would have been wonderful to hear "we got it
all" and that he was going to be fine. But, in this
life, sometimes we face difficult times. This is
one of those times. Our family is grateful that
his doctor in Cookeville set up the appointment
for him at Vanderbilt. The doctor there is supposed
to be one of the top in this field. Just one more
blessing of the Lord. How blessed our family
has been, to have had good health for so long.
Now, in what may be our most difficult trial yet,
may we be found trusting in the Lord, the source
of our strength, and may we be found giving HIM
the praise that HE deserves.
So, in this season of Thanksgiving...I am
thankful for the many, many years of blessing
the Lord has bestowed on my family, for parents
who loved the Lord, and passed the baton of
faith to their children, and most of all, for being
a loving Savior that I can run to when I need Him.
He has always been faithful, I know that whatever
we face, He will carry us through it.



5 comments:

Gail Moore said...

So sorry to hear that. You are so right in what you say about trusting the Lord. What a wonderful testimony of God's grace. I just prayed specifically for you, your dad and your family.

Susan said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad's report was not good. I've been in that place, many years ago, with my mother. I know the Lord will be with you and your parents!

Peggy said...

Amen, Mrs. Tammy. Love you.

Joy said...

We are praying for your Dad, and for you! I know God's grace will carry you through it all. It is wonderful to have the Lord in these times...what do people do without Him?

Tammy said...

So sorry for this tremendous trial your family is facing. I will be praying for you all.