Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day!
I have much to be thankful for. In our
Sunday morning service, many folks
in our congregation testified of the
goodness of God in their lives, while
going through difficult times. Many,
many people said that it had been a hard
year. So many of our church family have
been in very difficult and trying
circumstances. Some have lost dear
loved ones, some have faced sickness,
some have faced sickness of loved ones,
and the list goes on and on. YET, in every
testimony given, none failed to praise
our wonderful Savior for His goodness
and grace in their lives. Sometimes life
is hard, but God is ALWAYS good and faithful.
I am thankful this year, for all the times
in the past when God has answered prayer
and strengthened me. These times will
help to remind me, when I need it, for
renewed strength in the upcoming year.
I also want to say thank you to the
sweet readers of my blog. It is a blessing
to me to know that there are some dear
christian friends, some of whom I have never
met, that are praying for me and my family.
I have very much enjoyed getting to know
these new "friends" through our blogs.
~This note is for Tammy~I apologize for
not updating before now about the status
of my Dad. Things have been alittle hectic.
He is to take chemo for three months before
he has his bladder removed. The doctors
at Vanderbilt said that this would be better
because if they do the surgery and find more
cancer cells, he would have to wait until he
is completely recovered from the surgery to
take chemo, and they have already labeled
his cancer as "aggressive". So, in taking the
chemo before, they will taking care of the
other cancer cells first. I hope this makes
sense. Anyway, that's where he stands now.
Daddy is still experiencing some pain, we
hope this will improve in the coming days.
He and Mom are in pretty good spirits,
all things considered.
I do appreciate your continued prayers. I will
try to keep my blog updated as much as
possible. So, Tammy, if I forget to update,
just send me a little reminder now and then. :)
Once again...
I am thankful for all my new blogger friends.
It has been very encouraging to me to be
able to "meet" you all, and get to know you
through your blogs. It is also, a blessing to
my parents, to know that there are people
all over praying for them.
God Bless You All!
Happy Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

Tammy said...

Thanks for the update. I'll keep praying for your family. I'm so happy to know Christians who continue to trust and praise God even through trials. There are so many lost who just allow their lives to be devistated by trials instead of turning to God. Unfortunately, there are even His children who turn from Him and choose not to lean on Him through the trials. They are often harder to reach and get back serving the Lord than a lost person. I'm glad your parents are continuing to turn to Him!