Friday, October 16, 2009

More Baking

Emily and I decided to make Banana bread. I needed

to make a visit to a couple of our shut-ins and I

always try to take them some kind of goodies when

I go. Emily loves to help with baking. She is

very good at following directions. We love

to do these things together. Plus, it makes

the house smell sooooo good.

( I am trying to lose weight again, though, so

it makes it awfully tempting. It helped that as

soon as the bread cooled, I left for my visit)

;)





Here Emily is mashing the bananas


Scooping the mashed bananas into the flour mixture


Using the mixer, she actually prefers to

do the mixing by hand. But, we couldn't get

it mixed well enough. What did they do in

old days before electric mixers?????




The batter just before we put it in the oven




The finished project.

In my busyness, I forgot to get a picture of the

loaf as it looked when it came out the oven, but

take my word for it, it looked very tasty. I

DID, however, remember to get a picture

of it sliced.

(And by the way, I DID take one teeny bite~just

to make sure that it was going to be good)

I make it a practice to taste everything that

goes out of my house~just in case~I wouldn't

want anyone to think I was a terrible cook!! ;)






2 comments:

Peggy said...

Yummy looking! Love Em's apron.

Tammy said...

Good job Emily! That looks great! Can I be a shut in today? I'm feeling kinder puny today and almost stayed home - but then I remembered, there wasn't anyone else to do children's church since the other lady was gone out of town. I took a good nap between services and I feel a little better but am still fighting a headache. Have a great week.