Thursday, August 13, 2009

South Carolina Aquarium

After we left Folly Beach, we decided that
we were ready for lunch. My husband LOVES
real seafood, so I told him that for our
25th anniversary dinner, I wanted to take
him out for seafood in Charleston (our anniversary
was a few weeks ago) He suggested eating
lunch instead of dinner to save money.
You know, he is always so frugal! :)
Anyway, after doing a little research about
various places on the internet, (and due
to the fact that one of our church members
had just eaten here the week before) we
decided to eat at the Noisy Oyster.
We had a great lunch and the atmosphere
was so neat. It was just across the
street from the old Charleston
Market. (the old slave market which
is now a flea market). After lunch, we
went to the aquarium. We enjoyed going
there. ( We didn't like it quite as much
as the Ripley's aquarium in Gatlinburg,
but Emily really had fun and that's
what counts).



Emily was able to get her favorite lunch, PIZZA!





This was the old slave market.
Gave me a creepy, kind of
sad feeling because of it's history.
But then, Bret reminded me that
now it should give one a happy feeling
because it is no longer a slave market.










This was the entrance to the aquarium.





Emily in front of one of the tanks.






I love the starfish! Aren't they pretty?




My sweet Emily







Emily in the shark's mouth! Aaagh!








2 comments:

Teresa said...

Hey Ms Tammy,
Just wanted to make you feel better by letting you in on something I learnt on the carriage tour we took. The old Slave Market was not actually where they sold slaves. It was where the slaves took the wares and set up to sell them. The slaves were actually bought and sold on one of the old cobblestone streets, Chalmers Street. See, I told you that carriage ride was worth the money!! :)

Tammy said...

I'm with Emily - Pizza not seafood! Looks like fun tho.