Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hot Wing Pizza

I tried a new recipe recently that I found in
Taste of Home. My husband loves
hot wings, so I decided to give it a try.




Hot Wing Pizza

3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tbsp. steak seasoning
1/2 c tomato sauce
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Louisiana style hot sauce
1 prebaked Italian shell crust
1/3 c. blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 c shredded mozzerella cheese
3 green onions, thinly sliced

Sprinkle chicken with steak seasoning on both sides; grill covered over med. heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cool slightly; cut into bite size pieces.

In a small pan, bring the tomato sauce, butter, and hot sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; heat through.

Place crust on a 12 in. pizza pan; spread with blue cheese dressing. Top with chicken mixture, cheese and onions. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

***I made my own crust, instead of using a prepared crust. I also doubled the sauce because we really like sauce. It was very yummy, different, in a nice sort of way. It wasn't too hot, even though it has hot sauce. I also used a square cookie pan instead of the round pan.

5 comments:

Lori said...

That looks really good. I may have to try this, on our next Pizza Night.

Peggy said...

Sounds great----looks wonderful!!!

Tammy said...

I might have to try it for my hubby and son but my daughter and I don't care for hot wings. But yours sure came out pretty!

Becky said...

that looks really yummy:) I will have to try that sometime!

Robin said...

I tried this and it was delicious. I made my own crust too. I also added just a bit more hot sauce since we like it hot. Doug loved it. Meg and Max not so much, they like everything mild. Keep the recipes coming. Love you sis, Robin