Thursday, April 2, 2009

Twenty-Six Years



Twenty-six years ago yesterday, my husband
asked me to "go steady" with him. Since he
had asked me on April Fools Day, I didn't
give him an answer until April 2nd. (Bret has
always been a funny guy, I was afraid he was
"fooling" me when he asked me) Anyway,
on April 2nd, 1983, Bret and I began
officially "going together". A few months later,
he asked me to marry him the following summer
and of course, I agreed. So,
Happy 26th Anniversary , honey.
This was where it all began. We will
celebrate our 25th WEDDING anniversary this
year. I am grateful and thankful for the
wonderful husband the Lord blessed me with.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

How sweet you remember that! Bob and I had a long distance relationship til marriage. He was in the Army in Colorado Springs and I near St. Louis. We started going together through letters and phone calls every other Sunday. (No cells back then!) Couldn't tell you the date.

Peggy said...

So precious! And how cute ya'll are! You're truly special people and we love yuns so much. We appreciate your stand for the Lord, too. It's so refreshing. Emily has a lot to be thankful for, and I'm sure she is, but will appreciate you more as she is grown.

Joy said...

Congratulations!! What a sweet picture!!