Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Emily

Ten years ago, today, the greatest gift
in my life (outside salvation) was bestowed
upon my husband and myself. A beautiful
little 6 lb. 9 oz. baby girl was born into a
family that had once been told by doctors
that they would never have children. This
new life was truly a miracle, one that
I have never gotten over. Today, my baby
girl turns 10. How in the world did she
get here so fast? Where has the time gone?
I can't believe how quickly the time goes
by.

So, in honor of Emily's 1oth birthday, here are


10 Reasons I LOVE this girl!



1~ I love that your very life is a miracle from God!



2~ I love the fact that since you have come to us,

your daddy and I have had all our dreams

fulfilled.



3~ I love that you are such a sweet girl.



4~ I love your sweet smile.



5~ I love your cute little freckles sprinkled

on your nose.



6~ I love that you are obedient when daddy

and I speak.



7~ I love that you haven't questioned us

when daddy and I have had to do things

that you didn't understand.



8~ I love it when you help me in the kitchen-

you are going to be a great cook someday.



9~ I love how creative you are, how you are

always creating works of art for me to

treasure.



10~ I love that you are always singing.





There are many, many, more things that

I love about my girl, but for the sake of the

"10" , I will stop for now. I do want to say,

though, that I am ever so grateful that

the Lord gave us our "miracle" when He

gave you to us. You have made our lives

complete. I can't imagine how we ever

made it before you came to us. May

God Bless You Sweet Girl, and may

you ever keep HIM first in your heart

and in your life!

~Our Emily today~

Our little Emily a couple of days after
we came home from the hospital



My very first Mother's Day!

I don't know if I've ever been

as happy as I was on that day!

~~Maybe my wedding day...:)




5 comments:

Peggy said...

With a lump in my throat after reading....so sweet! And I'm so glad that you have this special blessing. I know your joy is so great now, but there's more to come as you see your daughter "walk in truth" when she grows up. God bless you and Pastor as you train her for our Lord! Love you so much!

Gail Moore said...

So sweet! She sounds like such a sweet girl. I know you don't know me, but since I read this blog, I would ask you to pray for my daughter, Hannah, who has tried for several years to have a baby and has not been able to as of yet. I know people who have gone through similar circumstances know how to pray. The Lord blessed us with four daughters, and they all have children except Hannah. It is such a blessing to hear tesitmony of a family like yours who serve and honor the Lord they way your family does. May God bless you and reward you.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! And don't blink too hard . . . my baby girl is 16 and such a young lady. It happens way too fast!

Tammy said...

I'm wiping away tears! How sweet and I love the pics! May you have many more birthdays with Emily and may they all be happy.

Tammy said...

Thank you for all the sweet comments.
Gail- I have added your daughter, Hannah, to my prayer list. My husband and I were married fourteen years before we had our Emily, so I do understand. There is nothing too hard for God, my daughter is proof positive. We were told by several doctors over several years that we would never have children of our own. I would not have "chosen" to wait as long as we had to, but in retrospect, I wouldn't change it for the world. Please convey to your daughter that she has a friend praying for her.