Saturday, April 11, 2009

Christ the Lord is Risen Today

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday! It is the day
we celebrate LIFE!!! Our Lord and Saviour
Jesus Christ, died, and rose again on that
first Easter morn. It is because HE lives,
that we can live forevermore, IN HIM.
I LOVE the good old hymns, that
magnify and glorify the ONLY ONE
who deserves our praise. This hymn by
Charles Wesley is one my favorite Easter
hymns! Doesn't it do a tremendous job
of proclaiming why we celebrate today?


Christ the Lord is ris'n today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heav'ns and earth reply, Alleluia!
Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting?, Alleluia!
Dying once He all doth save, Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave?, Alleluia!
Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids Him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened Paradise, Alleluia!
Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Follow'ing our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Gail Moore said...

AMEN! I Agree!

Tammy said...

Amen. I also like He Arose!How are your classes going? I am about to test on my last chapter and hopefully take my final soon.

Tammy said...

I LOVE all the Easter songs ( what great meanings~alittle difficult to play~but beautiful words )
Thank you, Gail , for commenting and for stopping by my blog. I have enjoyed reading yours.
Thanks you, Tammy , for commenting also. My class is going okay. I have one more chapter to do, then the final. Now, I remember why I didn't like Algebra in school. :)
I am doing okay, alittle confused at times because it moves so fast, but I am hanging in there. Thanks for asking. I hope your is going well.