Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update

This is really going to be a very brief post. A small
update if you will. First, our youth revival has
been extended through Wednesday, atleast.
It seems the Lord is moving, some hearts are
being stirred, and we want to keep things going
while the water is moving. We've had some great
preaching, some truly wonderful truths have been
shared. It would seem that some decisions have
been made, one way or the other. I am excited
to see what the Lord has in store, but I admit,
there has been a sense of soberness, as well. A
movement of the Lord such as we've seen must
require some accountability of the hearers. I
pray with all my heart that the hearers are
obeying the Holy Spirit. My heart has been
touched, that I know for sure.

On a lighter note...I've finally lost one more lb.,
for a total of 11 lbs. This has been the strangest
diet. I have been sticking to it without deviation
and yet the weight is coming off ever so slowly.
( I still think it has to do with the metabolism
over 40 thing ). Atleast that's my theory.
Regardless of the reason, I am going to stick
with it. As soon as the weather gets alittle
warmer, I am going to start walking, but
right now it's just a teeny bit cold.

Anyway, please pray for our revival. It is,
of course, a youth revival. BUT, it has to
begin with some adults who love the Lord
with all their hearts, and that will then
spill over into our young people. After all,
how can I expect my daughter to love Him
and serve Him with all her being, if she hasn't
seen her Mom loving Him with all her being.
Our children know who we really are.
My prayer is that my daughter will know
that she has parents who put the Lord
first, and that want to obey and love God
more than anything else, therefore, she
will want to live her life the same.

4 comments:

Becky said...

way to go on losing another pound!! And the revival has been so wonderful. The Lord has helped me so much. When we first started the revival last week I was very excited about it. but I also knew that I had some areas if my life that I needed to get settled. I'll admit I had been struggling with some things and I have been searching for the Lord in it all. I knew that God could help me more if I would just give it all to him but for some reason I was clinging to it. I'm not sure which night it was last week that I decided letting him take control of this situation was something I should have done a long time ago. He has given me peace in my heart now and I thank him and give him the glory for what he has done. I know there will be other challenges to face and I know I still have a lot to learn. But God has been good to me and I thought I would share this with you. You are a help and an encouragement to me. I admire you and your family for the stand you take and the life you live. I hope that I can be as much of an encouragement to you as you have been to me. Thank you and God bless you. Love, Becky

Tammy said...

Thank you, Becky, for your encouraging words. It is good to know that the Lord is working in hearts, and there are some who are getting things settled in their lives. You and Bro. Jonathan are a great blessing to us.

Tammy said...

Congrats on the continual weight loss. I'm sure you are right about the over 40 being the culprite! Praying for the revival and for God to pierce hearts and for those to surrender.

Alicia Reagan said...

We are praying for your revival. I will pray that hearts will continue to be stirred and lives will be yielded.
Congratulations on the weight loss and I'm sorry it's been slow but I thought you only 29?:)
I have been thinking of you lately and hope all is well. Love you!