Friday, March 6, 2009

Revival Update

We have one more night of scheduled revival ( it
was extended again through Friday) Please
continue to pray for us. Surely, the Lord is
trying to do a work in our church, and in the
hearts of our people. Bro Billy Garrett preached
last night out of Psalm 51~the prayer David
prayed after he had sinned with Bathsheba.
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew
a right spirit within me." This is a prayer that
David prayed as a believer. As christians,
there are going to be times when we fail God,
when we fall short of doing what He has called
us to do. As long as we are living on the earth,
we will have a fallen nature, one that will sin
against God, and fail Him miserably at times.
But, Oh How THANKFUL I am, that the Lord
recorded this psalm for us. No matter how much
we fail Him, no matter what we have done, we
can pray this prayer along with David ( who
at the time of this prayer had not only committed
adultery with Bathsheba, but had ultimately
committed murder and covered it up ). What
a blessing to know, that our Lord loves us
and that He will cleanse our wicked hearts, and
renew a right Spirit within us . I love verse 12-
"Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation..."
How many times have I lost my joy, due to
my own coldness, dryness, failures, etc.
But the Lord is always gracious, and merciful.
He LOVES His children, and it touches His
heart when we come to Him with a broken
spirit. I have always loved this psalm, I
guess, because I know that I am always
going to make mistakes, and fail him, but
He is always going to forgive and love me
when I ask. What a blessing!


And on a lighter note~
I can't believe it! I FINALLY lost more than one
pound at one weigh-in. This morning, I had lost
two lbs. which means that I've actually lost
three lbs this week. Yay! My total at this point
is 13 lbs. Only twenty-one more to go! (that sounds
like a lot but since I haven't lost much in the last
few weeks, I am definitely excited) I couldn't wait
until Monday to post.

4 comments:

Susan said...

It sounds like the Lord is doing a great work in your church! It's been a long time since I heard of a church extending revival meetings, and it does my heart good to read about it.

Tammy said...

Congrats on the weight loss and on the revival. When they get extended it is usually because it is going so well and God is working.

Alicia Reagan said...

Yeah for all of it - the great meeting, God's forgiveness and your weight loss!

Tori said...

Yea for you Tammy!!! What a great accomplishment and it sounds like you don't have much to lose.

Thanks for the encouragement today, I really needed it after being so bad lately.

Have a great week!