Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prophet Chamber Pictures

Okay, here are the pictures I have been promising of the
prophet's chamber. I still have a few more things to do. I need
to get new rugs for the bathroom and some pictures for the walls.
But it is atleast ready for the weekend when we have some
missionaries coming for our Missions Day. I hope that these
rooms will continue to be a blessing for many, many more years.The new chaise lounge
A double recliner


The new bedding






This beautiful table was given to
our church by a church that
closed it's doors. It was hand-made.
I am afraid the picture doesn't
do it justice. We are ever so thankful
that it can still be used for the
Lord's glory as it serves
as a desk for men of God to study.


We are also very thankful to Bro. Keith Byrge
who was able to get the beautiful furniture
where he works. May the Lord bless
you and He knows what part you
played in our having it!






7 comments:

Peggy said...

Once again, it's beautiful! You all did a great job!

Alicia Reagan said...

This looks fabulous!! I thought you said you weren't much of a decorator!! It all looks so cozy. You will make many missionaries very happy. I look forward to seeing you in a few days. Oh, and thank you so very much for the candle. I LOVE it! It smells so wonderful!! It was very, very sweet of you to send it and makes look forward to meeting you that much more!

Tammy said...

Looks great, very cozy. I couldn't tell for sure, but do the curtains have a patriotic theme to them?

Susan said...

I absolutely love that chaise lounge and double recliner! Beautiful work you've done!

Tammy said...

Thank you, ladies, for your kind remarks. I do hope the room is comfortable and a blessing to those who stay here. Actually, the bedding and curtains are tannish-gold with red in it. I was alitte unsure of what it would look like with the new furniture--until I put it together. The double recliner actually has a sublte red thread running through it. It ended up matching perfectly. I am very excited. The first missionaries to use it since we've updated just came in a short while ago. Pray for our Missions Day!

Tori said...

Wow, so what is your address so I can add you to our prophet chambers list. Ha! It's lovely, first class!

Tammy said...

Thank you, Tori, for your comment on my blog about the prophet's chamber. I am sorry that I missed it. We would love to have your family stay in our prophet's chamber should you ever be our area while on furlough. We are in east Tennessee. Feel free to email me. :)