Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just a Note

I haven't posted in a few days. It seems like we have been
so swamped. We had a crazy week, it was hard to just get
the homeschooling done. (We did, just around other stuff!)
Anyway, I DID lose one more pound, for a total of 5.
ONLY TWENTY-NINE TO GO!! Yay!
I have now been to 2 of my Elementary Algebra classes.
The first class we didn't really do anything. He gave us
our syllabus, and went over what all we would be doing.
Yesterday, we went over alot of review material, and
then he gave us homework. Now, I know this stuff is
REVIEW, but after all, I have been out of school 25
years, and I had algebra as a freshman, so it has been
29 years since I have seen this stuff. I'm going to have
to work very hard to just remember what I have
forgotten. Thank goodness I have a sweet husband
who is GREAT in math and can help me. I worked on
homework last night and had to keep bugging him.
He was able to help alot. ( I am not sure what I would
do if I didn't have him here ) I just hope I haven't
bitten off more than I can chew. Maybe I should have
started with something easier than math. Sheesh!!!!
Please pray for me, that I will be able to grasp the
material, as this is something that I really want to do.

7 comments:

Susan said...

I think it's GREAT that you've gone back (or started) college! I never went, and it's been the one thing I've regretted over the years. I plan to do it once I get Beth finished with school, another couple of years (maybe sooner if the money is there). Hang in there!

Stephanie said...

You are so capable...and let me tell you, Most of the classes I took my first two years of college were mentally harder than the last two years. BTW you need to holler at Jen. She is taking Elementary Algebra...maybe you all could be study buddies.

Rachel said...

You can do it. :) It can be a little overwhelming at first, but it will start coming back to you.

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Peggy said...

Congrats on the 5! I'm sure you'll do well with school. You're determined AND talented!

Tammy said...

Thank you, ladies, for your encouraging words. I do regret that I didn't go to college right out of high school . I was too interested in getting married that summer ;) I know it will be much harder now, and it's going to take forever ( taking one class per semester which is all I can sanefully and financially manage ) but I still want to do it.

Tori said...

First off, congrats on that great loss, 1 lb. is a great loss.

I'm so glad your going to school. I didn't gp to college either but I think I would have liked it.

T the moment I'm doing Algebra with my sons Teaching Textbook, I like it.

Anyhoo, congrats all around!

Tammy said...

I am praying for you and I know you can do it. We can do all things through Christ right? That's what I keep telling myself with my online class.