Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it is so hard to believe that 2008 is gone
and 2009 is here. When I was a kid, it seemed
that a year was such a long time. Now, it seems
like we barely get into a year and then it's over.
Time surely flies.

I am thankful for the good year the Lord blessed
us with. He has been sooo good to our family. We
have been blessed with good health, a great church
to minister to and be a part of, a nice home, plenty
to eat, and many, many more blessings than could
named on a single post. I didn't want this day to
pass without sharing how much I love the Lord and
am thankful for all He does. I want to begin a new
year giving thanks, being ever mindful that this
could be the year that my precious Savior returns.
I long for Him to come today. May I pray more
fervently for those not prepared so they will be ready
when He does return. May I live everyday myself,
waiting, longing, looking, hoping....what a wonderful
blessed hope for the believer, knowing our Lord may
return in 2009! May I read my Bible more, pray more,
witness more, give out more gospel tracts, sharing
more with others what this life is really about.
I'm not at all sure what the year 2009 will bring
about in this country. There will definitely be some
"changes". As we face the changes, may we purpose
to live for Him and honor Him in all that we do.
I hope you and your family have a
VERY BLESSED AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Amen to all you said. I sure need to improve in many areas, doing more for the Lord. He's so worthy of so much more. God bless you and Pastor and Emily.

Tammy said...

Thank you, for your comment Sis Peggy! I am truly thankful for your family. One of our greatest blessings this year, has been the Lord sending you our way. I could never express how much you all mean to us already. You are such an
encouragement!