Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Busy Day

What a busy day! First off, my Buick Rendezvous
needed new brakes so my husband and I went to
have them installed. When he got out of his car, I
rolled my window down to tell him something, and
then when I tried to roll it up, it made a weird sound,
then just fell all the way down into the door and would
not go back up. And of course, it just happened to be
POURING the rain. After getting the brakes on, I
then took it to a local body shop where they are
repairing the window regulator. After we got back
in, I packed up all of Emily's school work, and we
went down to the church. She did her work there
while my husband and I worked on getting the
Prophet's chamber back in order. I got the new bedding
on, new blinds installed, new valances hung, new shower
curtains and valances in the bath. In all the confusion
of the morning, I forgot to take my camera to the church
but I will try and get those pictures on here in a day or
two. It really does look great. I am very pleased. And
it is finished just in time. We are having our annual
Missions Day this Sunday. This is the time each
year when we consider and pray about our Faith
Promise Missions. I am looking forward to it. I just
love missionaries, and it is always such a blessing to
hear what the Lord is doing in other parts of the
world, and knowing that through missions, we can
all be a part of it. We have a couple of different
missionaries coming to be a part of our services.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love how IFB churches believe so heartily in Faith Promise Missions! That is the only way to go, in my opinion. I believe God blesses churches and individuals both when missions accounts are handled in this manner. Looking forward to see the pics. Hope someday to get a chance to visit your church.