Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm Still Here

No pictures, today. Just a note to say, "I'm still alive".
We had a wonderful Christmas! Christmas Day at our
house was wonderfully LAZY. We just lounged around
and played with Emily. Such a FUN day!!!! Then, on
Friday and Saturday, I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't
do much of anything. Sundays are always busy at our
house, and then on Monday, Emily and I went shopping.
To be honest, I am NOT much of a shopper. You know,
like going to the mall, and GIRLie shopping. I guess, I
have just never really had the money, so I never really
got into all that. Well, anyway, Emily has been wanting
to go the mall for a while, so yesterday, she and I went.
She LOVED it. She had some money she had been saving
and some that she got for Christmas, so, of course, it was
burning a hole in her pocket. She went in several of her
favorite stores, and then we had lunch in the food court.
After the mall, we went to one of MY favorite stores,
ROSS. I bought a couple of small things, then we headed
home.

One thing that I did accomplish that I needed to was
shopping for our prophet's chamber at church. It was
recently updated (painted, new mattresses, some new
furniture, etc) so I needed to get new bedding. I was
able to get some very nice nice things on sale, so I was
very pleased. Maybe when I get it all together, I can
post some pictures of it. I love the prophet's chamber.
Our church has been able to be a blessing to many
preachers, missionaries, and evangelists with it. I am
so thankful that our church felt the need for this many
years ago. My prayer is that we will continue to be
able to bless others until our LORD returns.

3 comments:

Alicia Reagan said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful Christmas! It sounds like you and Emily had a wonderful Mother and Daughter day! I love to shop too!

Tammy said...

Glad God blessed for your prophet chamber. Would be great if all churches were allowed to have them. In the long wrong it saves sooo much on motel bills for guest speakers.

Peggy said...

I love shopping and I love Ross, too. Even if I don't buy stuff, it's still so fun to go!